Monday, October 10, 2011

Skillet Apple Pie

Awesome Skillet Apple Pie!!
I got this recipe from Southern Living Magazine. I adapted it to what I had on hand though and use pre-made apple filling and crust.
The Ingredients!

Melt 1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter in a 9 inch skillet

Then add 1 cup of brown sugar
Mix it all up so that it can caramelize while in the oven

Place one of the pie crusts on top of the butter/brown sugar mixture

Add two cans of the apple pie filling!! I love apples!

At this point I cut the other pie crust into strips to make a lattice top crust...

Bake the pie at 350 degrees...

For 1 hour!
Voila! Delicious Apple Pie...and I didn't have to dirty a bowl to make it!

 Ingredients:
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 pie crusts
2 21 oz. cans of apple pie filling

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Melt the butter in a 9 inch. cast iron skillet. When the butter is melted add the brown sugar.  Incorporate until the mixture is smooth.
Place 1 of the pie crusts on top of the brown sugar mixture, then add the 2 cans of apple pie filling. Place the 2nd pie crust on top of the pie...I made mine into a pattern but you can do it however you would like.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 1 hour!
When the pie is done, let it cool then sit back, relax, eat a slice of pie, and marvel at how great of a baker you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment