Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My first Loaf of Bread!!!

Simple Whole Wheat Bread!!

I joined this website called The Fresh Loaf.  It is a website where they give you lessons on making artisan breads and I signed up to learn how to make bread!  This is my first loaf of bread and I wanted to share my experience with y'all!
Simple Loaf of Bread!
 
The Ingredients...
Mix the flour and salt.  I then took 1/4 cup of the water and warmed it in the microwave so that I can disolve the yeast in.
Mixed flour and salt...

I then took 1/4 cup of the 1 1/8 cups of water and warmed it up to help dissolve the yeast. 
 
Warmed 1/4 of the water...
2 Tsp of yeast in the warm water...
Let it stand for 5 minutes and the yeast/water mixture will start activating.  You know that the yeast is activated by the bubbles!
Activated yeast!
Then, I added the yeast mixture to the flour and salt...
After adding the yeast I added the rest of the water.  I then started kneading the dough for 10 minutes...
Knead for 10 minutes...
Let the dough rise for an hour and a half...
After the bread has risen, punch it down, knead, and let rise again until it is twice its size.

I then formed the bread on the shape that I wanted it to bake, then covered it with a cheesecloth to rise again before I placed it into the oven.
Scored dough...
Score the bread so that the loaf doesn't crack while in the oven.  Set the oven to 375 degrees and allow to bake for 45 minutes.
Bon Appetit!
Ingredient:
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/8 cup water

*This recipe was from the first lesson on The Fresh Loaf website...

No comments:

Post a Comment